Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning, friends! It's been a long one already. Gabe still has whatever virus he has, so I've been taking care of him. For those who haven't ready my previous post, I lost the baby early Thursday morning. God is good, and He's given me a peace about all of this. I'm still heartbroken, but trusting in God's plan.

The weather outside is:  
Beautiful! Spring in North Carolina (when you can catch it, NC weather is fickle, especially in these mountains!) is so beautiful.

On the breakfast plate this morning:
A turkey and spinach sandwich and lemon water. I had an early morning appointment in town and grabbed something from my favorite little place. Breakfast food and I aren't bff early in the morning.

As I look outside my window: 
Nothing. My blinds are drawn ;)

Right now, I am:
Typing up this post, getting a last-ditch meal plan together.

As I look around the house: 
It's quiet, and calm. Somewhere, a Sphinx cat is crunching her food. My plant table (yes, I have an entire table) is in dire need of re-arranging.

On today's to-do list:
*Work
*Light grocery shopping, again, the meal plan comes into play. I'm trying to stick to a budget.
*Re-doing the plant table

Currently Reading:
My Bible and a bunch of recipe books for inspiration.

On the TV today:
My father-in-law sent me a few episodes of "Call the Midwife"...and I've promised to watch them.

On the menu this week: 
Monday: Chicken Tacos
Tuesday: Homemade Pizza
Wednesday: Frittata
Thursday: Chicken Cacciatore or Italian Chicken, not sure which one yet
Friday: Sub Sandwiches, or something of that sort
Saturday: Spicy Chicken Soup
Sunday: Penne alla Vodka

What I am creating at this moment: 
The garden :)

New Recipe I want to try this week:
I'm going to attempt a cheesecake. Wish me luck!

Favorite picture from the camera:



We had a guest this week. A dog followed us home! Her name is Jasmine and she was reunited with her owners yesterday. But she and Ella really bonded. Btw, Ella's smile is just....ahhhh, my heart.

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes, or Devotionals





Have a beautiful week, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a great week you have planned. Cheesecake isn't as hard as you might think. My daughter mastered it before her wedding and did the grooms cheesecake herself! It was a crazy idea but it worked! Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Joanna! I know you have God's strength, but it doesn't make the pain any less. I'm so sorry for your news and sending you giant virtual hugs!! Take care of yourself and keep leaning on Him through those dark moments.
    Blessings my dear sweet Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete