Monday, April 11, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good morning, friends. I skipped a week last week, because Monday was when I had my doctor's appointment. It basically went like this...
Monday, I was told "Well, you're having a miscarriage." I was upset, but based on everything I'd been told, I was expecting it. So, I picked myself up, and got my hair done and did all of the stuff that I wasn't allowed to do during my pregnancy.
Tuesday afternoon, I got a call that basically said: "Did we say you're having a miscarriage? Whoops. No, you're not. Your levels went up, but we still want you to get a D&C because the pregnancy looks abnormal."
Without me getting a word in edgewise, they scheduled the D&C for this Wednesday. I felt more and more uneasy as last week went on, and finally called them on Friday to tell them I would NOT be getting the D&C. I'd done so much research that gave me HOPE for this pregnancy, that I couldn't just end it.
After much arguing, the doctor reluctantly agreed that I am NOT in need of a D&C. Sometime this week, I am going in for a follow up blood draw and ultrasound, and we will go from there. If I am to miscarry, I will miscarry. If I need a D&C, I will have a D&C. But this will all be done on MY terms. If God grants me this miracle, then I will refrain from saying things like "In your FACE, Doctor"....at least until I am out of the doctor's office ;)
Either way, friends...that was the obligatory pregnancy update. Please continue to pray!

Let's get on with it, shall we?

Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning: Froot Loops. My go-to cereal.

On today's to-do list: Housework, library, going to work...gotta love being an adult.

Currently reading: Not much of anything, other than massive lists of medical statistics to bring to my next doctor's appointment.

On the TV today: I doubt that I will have time today to watch anything. Oh, well.

The weather outside is: Gorgeous. I have to find time to squeeze in some outside time to enjoy this day, as tomorrow it's supposed to pour the rain.

On the menu this week: Admittedly, my meal planning has suffered horribly the last few weeks. Between doctor's appointments and just not feeling well...ugh. Hoping to get back on my game this week!
Monday: Drunken Noodles
Tuesday: Chicken, CousCous and Steamed Veggies
Wednesday: Jambalaya
Thursday: Loaded Macaroni and Cheese
Friday: Pork Tacos
Saturday: Beef Vegetable Soup
Sunday: Chicken Alfredo

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will: Take a nap. I'm so tired lately, it's not even funny.

New Recipe I'm looking to try: Uhm, let me get back on my Meal Planning game first, then we'll talk about new recipes ;)

In the garden: My mint is going crazy (inside), the basil is doing very well (also inside) and we have STRAWBERRIES! (you guessed it, inside)

Favorite photo from the camera: 



We got Ella canopy for over her bed. She's always wanted one. Dave was curious so he went to check it out the other night.

Homemaking Tip: Don't be like me, and stay on top of your meal-planning game ;)

Bible Verse, Devotional: 


Have a beautiful week, everyone!!!!








4 comments:

  1. Aw, what an emotional roller coaster you are riding! Praying things work out for you. I never thought to grow strawberries inside! Hope you get some rest and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh biggest blessings to you Joanna! What a roller coaster -ugh!! Good for your advocating for yourself though. You need to do what you can be okay with & decisions that you can live with...so again good for you!

    I will definitely continue prayers my Dear. So jealous of your garden goodies. Haven't started things here yet. ;)

    Keep taking good care of yourself and rest as much as possible.
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness sweetie. Indeed what a roller coaster. I'm praying for you right now. You have a great faith. Wishing you many blessings.
    Dear Jesus please be with this sweet family. Please give them the strength the need. And please give them the miracle that they are praying for. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you my friend!! Take as many naps as you need, I know how tired you get during this time!! Yum…froot loops one of my favorites!! I can’t imagine growing mint inside, it probably smells great, we have a big mint bush in our yard and I know how fragrant they can be. Keep taking care of yourself, and have a great week!! xxx

    ReplyDelete