Monday, October 28, 2013

Beautiful Life

Sometimes (ok, most of the time) I am so busy with everything that pictures are seriously the only way I have to slow down and remind myself of how beautiful everything around me is. 

With my Dad as sick as he is, I find myself in tearful prayer often. Last week, I had a bout of tears in my living room, and asked God for a sign. I then looked out my living room window to this....
I snapped a few more pictures. Gabe remarked that this was one amazing rainbow. I've never seen one like it.

Unbelievable, right? A lot of people saw this rainbow, from a lot of different places in North Carolina. They all said it was special. I like to think of it as a gift from God.
 
I've been trying to do more fun things with Ella, so we carved a pumpkin this Friday. Is it any surprise that she wanted it to be an owl? I didn't think so.





 
                                                            Pumpkin Guts!

This doesn't really look like much unless there is a candle in it. Then it's really something.

Seee? :)
 
We also went to the local grocery store to decorate a pumpkin there on Saturday. We've done this every year that we've been in North Carolina, with the exception of last year when it snowed a whole lot.  Ella enjoys getting to be creative and I enjoy spending time with her, so it's win-win.
 

We also went out shopping on Saturday. I told her she could pick two things at the Dollar Tree. (Yes, I'm cheap and stingy, but my kid doesn't seem to mind) She picked a pair of fairy wings (surprised? you shouldn't be) and a twirly-ribbon thing.



 
Saturday got pretty warm, so we were back to short sleeves for a while. Ella had a blast hanging out with our friend Ms. Charlene and flying around the backyard with her wings and ribbon. I love her imagination and I hope she stays the sweet, beautiful person that she is.
 
I truly have a beautiful life. God's blessed me in so many ways.

1 comment: