Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Whew, what a weekend! On Friday, I was sure that my Dave cat, who has been unwell for some time, was gone. He had disappeared on Thursday morning and never came home...he didn't come home Friday either and I was positive that he was gone. I cried all day Friday and most of Saturday. I wasn't feeling well, so while my husband and daughter watched a movie, I napped. Ella woke me up saying,
"Mom, I found Dave! He's home!" He had gotten trapped in a greenhouse near the property...it was a place I had already looked! But, he is home! He is still unwell, and we are doing our best to keep him comfortable.

The Weather: Hopefully, we have some rain coming tomorrow. Forecast says so. I'm hoping so. It has been entirely too dry!

On my reading pile: "A Cold Dark Place" by Gregg Olson and "Back Home to Big Stone Gap" by Adriana Trigiani. I've read all the other books in the Big Stone Gap series and I love them. As far as the other book, sometimes, you just need a good murder mystery novel, no?

On my T.V: Probably nothing. It's going to be one of those crazy work days!

On the menu for this week: 
Monday: Butter Chicken
Tuesday: Gabe's cooking: Grilled Cheese and soup
Wednesday: Crockpot Beef Stew
Thursday: Texas style ribs, potatoes, carrots
Friday: Fun dinner: Li'l Smokies, and cauliflower "tater tots"
Saturday: TBA
Sunday: Lasagna rolls that we were supposed to have yesterday, but it was just too dang hot to cook

On my to-do list: Work, work, work, work....clean the bathrooms. Laundry (hopefully, my new dryer will be delivered today)

Looking around the house: It's very quiet. The Sphinx is lounging in a chair behind me.

From the camera: My boss's dahlias are starting to bloom. Gorgeous!


On my prayer list: This whole insane world. My Dave cat, that he may by some miracle, get well. I love that crazy cat.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found your cat. So sorry he is unwell, hope he surprises you and makes a full recovery. Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers are beautiful! I agree with too hot to cook, I cant wait for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy you have planned. The flowers are so pretty.
    I will pray for your crazy cat. The are a blessing. We had a cat once we thought was long gone we found her two later in a shed. I have no idea how she survived. I guess she was a 'mouser' after all. Thanks for coming over to my HHM post. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your kitty came home. Dealing with sick animals is so hard - keeping you in my prayers. GORGEOUS flowers. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - so glad you got Dave back Joanna! Hope that he will feel better - hugs and prayers to you.

    Those dahlias are amazing!! So beautiful! Hope it rains and cools down for you out there.

    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete