Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

What.A.Day. Actually, What.A.Weekend. Hoping it slows down some for me (but it's not looking like that will happen!)
I spent the bulk of Saturday night, crying my eyes out in the emergency room. I started bleeding out of nowhere Saturday evening, and when you're pregnant and have a history of prior losses, that can be really scary.
The good news is that the baby and I appear to be fine. My bloodwork came back perfect and the hcg numbers were great. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the doctor to do another blood draw. If my levels are rising, then we're good to go. If they're not, then I don't even know...I don't even want to think about that.
I haven't had any more bleeding and I've tried my best to take it easy this weekend, but now I'm ready to hit this week running...er, lightly jogging.

The weather: I suppose it COULD be pretty if not for that rip-my-head-off wind out there. Good heavens! It's supposed to calm down by tomorrow, and stay decent for the rest of the week. We'll also get some much needed rain, yay!

Right now, I am: Trying to type up this post, and figure out all that I have to do, and figure out a sloooowwwww way to do it. (Not so easy since I'll be heading to work in about four hours. )

Thinking: That I'm nervous about this blood draw on Wednesday. I'm happy I'll have a definite answer as to what's going on with this pregnancy, but I'm scared out of my mind, too. I don't know if I can handle another loss.

On my T.V.: Not sure I'll have time to watch ANYTHING this week, but I'll try to slow down and watch a movie of some kind with Ella.

On the Menu for this week: It's going to be a fly-by-the-seat of your pants kind of week. I did so well until Saturday, when everything got thrown into a tailspin. When I came home Saturday night, Gabe had gotten pizza and everything was under control at the homestead, and then yesterday, I barely left the bed, so Gabe fixed dinner again. I hate that this even happened, but I'm glad he was off this weekend. He was truly my rock.

On my to-do list today: 
*Return Library Books
*Clean the bathrooms
*Laundry
*Take some clothes to the thrift store to give away
*About a million other things I haven't even thought of yet
*Oh, and work.

Looking forward to: Answers. There's been talk of doing an ultrasound, and I just KNOW that I'll breathe easier once I see him/her on the screen and hear a heartbeat.

Looking around the house: I need to get all of my plants ready for the transition OUTSIDE which will hopefully happen sooner than later.

From the camera: 

This kid!!!! (For the record, she doesn't wear glasses, these are totally fake)

On my prayer list: The usuals, my parents and kid brother, this baby, a few little personal requests, a church friend who is due any.day.now and had contractions yesterday (but I haven't heard an update), another friend who welcomed her second rainbow girl last week.

Bible Verse, Devotional: 

Have a beautiful week, my friends!!!! <3

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna, Sorry to hear about your visit to the ER What a scary experience I know because I have gone though it. I hope you are indeed taking it easy. Have a relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you and your baby. That is a sweet little girl in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary Joanna! I had bleeding when I was pregnant too and it all turned out fine. Sending prayers for peace in your mind and that all will be well. And prayers for strength no matter what happens!

    Hope you have a very wonderful and blessed Easter with your family Sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete