Monday, August 11, 2014

Rambling update!

Because, really, do I ever write updates that are not rambling? (the answer is no).

Ella started third grade today. I am officially the mother of a 3rd grader. Which of course means I am also the mother of a should-be 4th grader. Riley Grace would be going into 4th grade. Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to have two little book-end girls going to (home)school together.

This morning, I woke up early and went to read my devotions in the living room. I tiptoed out of our bedroom and past a grouchy cat, and then it hit me. Life seems to go so much more smoothly when I take the time to converse with God first thing in the morning.

Today, I asked God for patience as my daughter begins another school year.
I asked Him to make me the mother and teacher she needs.
I asked Him not to let me neglect my duties as a homemaker and wife, in the wake of this school year.
I asked Him to bring me closer to where He needs me to be.
To gather me into His will.

For the most part, school went smoothly. I'm just not ready to be the mom of a 3rd grader. I'm not ready for time to steal my little girl from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment