Friday, August 22, 2014

Fridays with Ella: A Kid's Job

We all have jobs.

My Dad's got one.

My Mom's got three.

I do, too.

The other day, my parents and I were talking about work and how we all have to do our job to make sure that our household works the way it's supposed to.

Dad explained that the Bible says that every member of a family has a job. Dad's job is to provide for our family. So, he goes to work. Mom's job is to be the keeper of our home. That means she cooks, and cleans, and teaches me during school time. Mom has two jobs outside of our house, too. She's pretty busy.

I have a job too. One of the first Bible verses I learned was Ephesians 6:1.
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

I know Mom quotes this verse a whole lot when I'm not doing what she needs me to do.

My job, as a kid, is to obey my parents and God. That usually means keeping my room clean and helping Mom or Dad if they need help. Today, Mom and I cleaned the kitchen, laundry room, bathroom and our fish's tank.

So, I did my job today. I know I need to be better at doing what I'm told. I think most kids are.

What Ella wore:
T-shirt: Gift
Shorts: Thrifted
Flip-flops: Family Dollar

No comments:

Post a Comment