Friday, April 17, 2015

Desperation in the Kitchen: The best baked chicken EVER

I love chicken. Like, LOVE. Gabe and Ella do too.

But everytime I make a baked chicken, it's O.K. Just O.K.

Yesterday, I literally googled "the best way to bake a chicken."

I didn't necessarily follow all of the steps, but I did do this.


*I didn't rinse my chicken. Something about cross-contamination and all sorts of other terrible stuff.

*I roasted a bunch of veggies along with it.



*I made seasoned butter (softened butter, dill, roasted garlic, salt, pepper)

*The basic directions:

* DO not rinse your chicken
*Rub the seasoned butter all over it
*Lay onions and other veggies in the pan
*Put the chicken in at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn it down to 375 for another hour/hour and a half
*Wrap the chicken in foil and let it rest after it's baked, for 15 minutes breast side-up, then flip over and let it rest for another 15 minutes in its little foil tent

It was awesome. Way more than just "O.K."  We have leftovers for enchilada casserole tonight, whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment