Monday, May 6, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday: May 6, 2019

Let me preface this by saying: Yep, I disappeared again. Mom life. Wife life. Work life. Home life. No excuses, that's all I got.


The weather: Warm and gorgeous. We're due to release butterflies today, and it's going to be beautiful weather for that. Tomorrow is slated to be nice to, but rain at the end of the week. Oh, well.

On my reading pile: "I will carry you" by Angie Smith, my Bible. I have a ton of books to read, honestly. But life is so busy right now...

Movies/shows I watched this weekend: I watched the Zac Efron/Ted Bundy movie, "Extremely Wicked, Shockinly Evil and Vile". Well, I tried. I was so tired, I fell asleep 2/3 of the way through. The second time, I picked up where I left off and was able to watch maybe 15 minutes before I fell asleep. I shall try again tonight, wish me luck, ha.

On my TV this week: That Zac Efron movie. American Idol (even though I know what happened last night). "Untouchable" (Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson, yes, I love my murder mysteries)

On the menu this week: I'm winging this week, but breakfast for dinner tonight. I have some ground lamb in the freezer, what on earth do I do with it?

What I am creating: Going to be participating in a lettering/drawing challenge. The theme is "Florals."

Looking forward to: My only day off this month, Sunday!!!!!

Looking around the house: It's quiet, it's clean. It's sunlit, and that's my favorite kind of morning.

From the camera: 

I took myself down to the river on Saturday evening, and this is one of the flowers I found down there.

What I'm wearing today: A pair of leggings I got 3 summers ago from my Dad (I finally fit into them again!!!!) and a big white shirt I found at the Goodwill for almost nothing. Oh, and yoga flip flops with rhinestones. I'm a hot mess today. Will I change? Nah.

One of my simple pleasures: Vacuuming. No, really.

Bible verse, devotional, prayers: There's so much to say here because I've been gone for almost a year. Last October, I re-dedicated myself to God, and I've been journaling daily.
Learning 1 Peter 5:6-7. Casting my cares on Him, and NOT picking them up again.

Have an amazing week, everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment