Monday, February 26, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: February 26, 2018

Good morning, friends.
It's been a long week/week-end. On Thursday, I learned my Dad was in the emergency room at the hospital in the town where he lives. Long story short, but some tumors were found and he headed to his oncologists. At the time this is written, we are waiting on biopsy and bloodwork. Our biggest fear, of course, is that it's cancer again.
Update: While writing this post, I received a call from Dad. The bloodwork is back and it's NOT multiple myeloma. Now, we wait for the biopsy.
Please, pray for my Dad. Pray for peace, whatever the outcome. Pray for my family. Thank you all so much in advance.

I'm doing this to keep some semblance of order and sanity.

Breakfast time, what's on the plate this morning: Brown rice and vegetables. Breakfast food has usually made me sick to my stomach, and it's just that much worse this morning with the situation with Dad.

On today's to do list: 1) Work, 2) Clean the bathrooms, 3) Try to remember to breathe and function, like a normal human being.

Currently Reading: I meant to start "Paper Roses" by Karen Ann Hopkins, but I haven't yet. That's the latest book in the Serenity's Plain Secrets series.

On the TV this week: Forensic Files (mine and Ella's new favorite) and Rescue Mediums (our other favorite!)

The weather outside is: Cloudy and dreary. Still pretty warm, but it's supposed to cool down a lot by the end of the week.

On the menu this week:
Monday: Turkey pasta bake.
Tuesday: Zuppa Toscana
Wednesday: Breakfast Casserole
Thursday: Hamburger/Chili Mac, garlic bread
Friday: chicken alfredo casserole
Saturday: Ella's choice (she says probably frozen pizza)
Sunday:  Spaghetti and Meatballs

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will: Probably have a good cry.

What I'm creating this week: Absolutely nothing. The rug was pulled out from under all our feet, you guys. I just gotta get through today and then we will know what we're dealing with. Again, prayer is so appreciated.

New Recipe I tried or want to try this week: Well, I've mastered a low-carb version of Chicken Cordon Bleu, and I'm going to try a new version of chili/hamburger macaroni. This week isn't very gourmet, but I'm trying.

Favorite photo from the camera: 

So, I got a new camera this week. A big, bad DSLR that I've been wanting for years. I'm still practicing with it. Also, my boss got me flowers on Friday because he saw much this situation was weighing on me, but I was still showing up for work every day (even though he says I can take off as much time as I need...but if I do that, I will go insane)

Bible Verse, Devotional: I have to keep repeating Jeremiah 29:11.
I will update on Dad as I can, have a beautiful week!


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! Praying for him and your family! My Mom had cancer so I know all to well how hard this is for you guys! Gods got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Sounds like you are having (understandably) such a tough time over there, hope you get answers regarding your dad very soon. The waiting is so hard. Praying for your family and that you have a peaceful week.

    ReplyDelete