Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday: January 8, 2018

Good afternoon! I mean to have these posts up in the mornings, especially since Mondays are my days off, but there is SO MUCH TO DO everywhere else!

It's been such a long, emotionally exhausting week. Things clicked along beautifully until Thursday when we ran into a situation with my husband's workplace. I'm not going to say too much as he is still employed there, but it made us really realize how much a new job would make us both a lot happier.

That said...

The weather: Good Golly. It's only in the 30's here, but it feels like a tropical paradise. Let me tell you, friends, last week was COLD. Bitterly, horribly cold. It's supposed to be in the 50's on Friday (what?!) I don't know what I'm going to do with myself!!!

Right now, I am: Typing up this post, and listening to Josie and Ella laugh along in the kitchen. I'm also mentally filtering the grocery list for the absolute MUST have's before pay day. Budgeting...the struggle is real.

Thinking: I'm listening to Sara Bareilles' "King of Anything". It goes along with what I've been thinking. I think being here, in NC, so far from home, has seriously messed with me. I feel so far away. From family, from friends, and from God. I came here, and ran into some "Christian" people. Some of them have been incredible gifts from God...and some have been legalistic hypocrites...and some were even worse. I'm taking a gigantic step back from those people. I miss who I was. I miss having my nose in the Bible for the sheer joy of it, for the relationship with God. This isn't who I am, and it's time to leave this person behind...whoever she is.

On my reading pile: Some recipe magazines and a cookbook. Lame, huh? But that's where I am today. 

On my T.V.: Broadchurch! I'm on the last episode of Series 2. No spoilers from me, but what the actual HECK?! Hopefully, before the week is out I will finish that episode and the 3rd series. I will be sad to see the series go because it was SO well done, but then I can get back to Rizzoli & Isles. 

What I found while surfing the net: This song . I've always been a huge Owl City fan, but especially lately, oh my goodness. Adam Young is incredible. 
Also, google the No Sleep Podcast if you are ever in the mood for a scary story. 

On the menu for this week: 
Monday: Asian Pepper Steak, Rice
Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey, garlic break 
Thursday: Sausage and Cheesy Rice, Peppers
Friday: Crockpot Cabbage Roll Casserole
Saturday: Chicken Stew 
Sunday: Spaghetti and Meatballs 

On my to-do list: 
*bake some apple hand-pies
*actually put up a blog post that isn't HMM
*finish with my laundry room (that's how bad last week was, you guys)
*saute the veggies to go with the Pepper Steak

In the craft basket: Lettering a love quote for the kitchen, and maybe something to frame for the living room. 

Looking forward to this week: The newspaper comes out tomorrow, so it's time for couponing. Call me crazy, but I enjoy it. Also, bring on the warmer temps, I have the worst cabin fever (and going to work doesn't count)

Looking around the house: While I've been typing, Josie has fallen asleep. My ivy is in dire need of watering. I have laundry to catch up on. 

From the camera: 

laundry baskets are SO versatile! 

On my prayer list: This situation with my husband's job. It literally turned our lives upside down last week. And pray for some wisdom for me, because I am beyond upset and it makes me want to lash out at these people, who aren't worth my time or my Christian testimony. As always, Dad's on my prayer list. 

Bible Verse, Devotional: 

Have a beautiful week!!! 





8 comments:

  1. Sounds like we have the same weather! WAlking out this morning after so many days of negative weather was such a great feeling! LOL I keep meanting to watch "Broadchurch" - that's the one with David Tennant in it, right? I just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menus look great! I used to do a lot of couponing and enjoyed it greatly! Might need to look back into doing that again some day! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joanna, I am sitting here just waiting for our suv to get going to our out of town doctors appts.
    I thought Id take advantage of the time to jot you a line. Thanks so much for the kind comments you always leave with me. IU was enamored by you blog post above regarding lettering a a love quote... My daughter is into these . not doing them but looking for crafters who do them.. She had one done for my Christmas and has one on order for her home. Do you do these to sell. Do you have a website on them.. just curious. Anyway have a blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I don't yet have a website, but I can email you or you can email me (meetyouinthemorning@gmail.com) and we can get something figured out!!!! I will have samples up on the blog by tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. This is definitely the month for coupons! I tried it for a bit but found I'm a bit too scatterbrained to be serious about it. Always nice to enjoy something that saves money though! Love the photo of the baby in the laundry basket, so cute. Hope you are in the middle of a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for the job situation... I can so relate! Cute pic! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice having you back! Hope your week has gone well Sweetie. I'm late catching up. Prayers sent re: your Hubby's work. And yes! Get back in that bible girl & surround yourself with the supportive folks you know will help. Good for you realizing it all & wanting to get back!

    Your sweet L'il Pumpkin in the basket - just the best. Sweetest smile around. ;)
    Blessings to you! Xo

    ReplyDelete