Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday/Meal Plan Monday

I have a spare moment before I rush off for the day, so here we go!

The weather in my neck of the woods: Warm, with a chance of thunderstorms. I'm keeping a careful eye on my plants because of how hot (by NC mountain standards) it's going to get here.

Things that make me happy: Getting up early and going for a walk, being able to make pretty things, listening to Coldplay (I am a sucker for Chris Martin)

Menu for this week: It's going to be HAWT. I'll be lucky if I cook anything ;) I'm thinking sandwiches....and I still have a lot of leftover ham, so I can warm that up with potatoes. I have a million things to do this week, and meal planning is ranking pretty low on that list right now. Sorry, ya'll!

What's on my TV today: Notttthinnnnnnnng. Well, actually, Gabe and I may watch an episode or two of The Carbonaro Effect (candid-camera style show with a magician).

Looking around the house: It's getting there! I've managed to do some decorating here and there.


On my to do list: Pharmacy
                              Post office
                              Cleaning

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon: These stuffed peppers minus the shrimp.

In the craft basket:  One headband down, two to go. Now, to find the rest of my hot glue sticks.


Looking forward to this week: New adventures. Going to the river with Ella.

Tips and Tricks: If you have swollen ankles (I did this weekend, thankyouverymuch NC humidity), lay on your bed with a pillow under your back and your feet up, touching a wall. Instant relief. Yay!

Favorite Blog Post: THIS . Ok, so it's not new, but I'm still catching up on blogs. I am a big sucker for a happy story.

Blog Hopping: Praying With My Feet , which isn't newly discovered, but oh my goodness. Anna is one of my favorite people in the blog world. I cried so hard when she wrote about her losses, because I've been there. And she makes the most beautiful crafty things.

No Words Needed: 
Lesson Learned the past few days: Just because other people are judgmental jerks doesn't mean I have to be.

On my mind: My Dad, My Mom, My "NC Mom". So many people in need of prayers.

Devotionals, Scripture, Key Verses: 

Hebrews 11:8King James Version (KJV)

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

No comments:

Post a Comment